For me the nicest kind of houseguests are the ones who:
- Sleep until noon haha.
- Know where everything is in your kitchen.
- Don’t just ask if they can help with the bacon and eggs and coffee but get up and start scrambling and frying.
- Don’t ask where the vacuum is because they know – and they know what it’s for too.
- Are enough younger than you that they understand your electronics better than you do.
- Are just plain fun. (Who knew you could drink a Heineken while IN the water in a lifejacket that eliminates any need to even try to stay afloat?)
- Really know what an oar is for (See below. Maybe this 6’8″ guest will be one of the ‘Boys in the Boat’ at the 2020 Olympics :-))
- And finally, and most importantly, are happy to hang out at the supper table, laughing and talking about everything from what it’s like to be an identical twin, to the nature of time to the worst job you ever had.
- We had six guests at the lake here Friday to Sunday and ended up feeling almost as young as they are – good times!